Free School Meal Vouchers
Pupil Premium benefits
What is the pupil premium and how do I know if I can apply for it?
Please refer to the city council website here and please let the school office know if you become newly registered for Pupil Premium entitlements. (The school can be contacted on telephone 0116 285 8130.)
Free School Meals Vouchers
While the school remains closed, we are working with families of Pupil Premium students to provide Free School Meals (FSM) vouchers while the children remain at home. For each child that is entitled to free school meals, a voucher to the value of £3 per day (£15 per week) is issued for every day that the child is not at school. The table below shows you dates that vouchers have been sent so far, since the end of March.
|Date:||26th March||30th March||14th April||20th April|
|Expiry:||26.03.2023||26.03.2023||14th May 2020||14th May 2020||20th May 2020||20th May 2020|
Frequently asked questions:
- What value voucher will I receive?
- Each voucher is to the value of £3 per day per child (£15 per week) for every day that a child is not in school.
- Where can I spend my vouchers?
- Giftpay vouchers can be spent at Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's, M&S and Waitrose.
- EdenRed vouchers can be spent at Morrisons, Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's, M&S and Waitrose.
- My friend has received their voucher but I haven’t had mine yet!
- Over 200 vouchers are sent at once, the systems that process the vouchers do not always work straight away. Please allow two days to pass from the issue date before reporting that your vouchers have not been sent to you.
- I waited two days and I still haven’t received an email.
- Please contact the office to verify your contact details.
- I tried to spend my voucher but it has expired!
- The ‘Giftpay’ vouchers have an expiry date that last for 3 years. The EdenRed vouchers have an expiry that lasts for 1 month. After this time the eCode is cancelled and the money associated is then returned to the Department for Education.
- Please check that you are using the correct voucher when it comes to spending – in every case that we have been told that a voucher has expired, a voucher that has been used already has been the reason for the payment being rejected.
- I can’t log into the EdenRed system, it keeps showing that the website is loading.
- The system is third party owned and is under a great deal of pressure for access to parents on a national scale. Staff are also experiencing issues logging on to the system but find that it is faster to load either first thing in the morning or during the hours of the evening.
- Who can I contact for help with my vouchers?
We hope that this information is useful to you, this will also be shared and updated with any future information on the school website under links for FSM vouchers.